Friday, October 12, 2007

Mississippi State Game Eve

I don't know if it's my love of "A Few Good Men" or if it's really that funny but Loser With Socks absolutely cracked me up with Spurrier's best Jack Nicholson imitation. Very nice work.

If MSU pulled out a W tomorrow (notice the big "if"), would you consider it an upset? I really don't think many would. Is that because of how good the SEC currently is or another sign of just how far the Vols have fallen? If you aren't sure, look back to what LSU did to the Bulldogs the first week of the season: 45-0.

I ran across some good Sylvester Croom Farks at TigerDroppings (LSUFreek has some skillz) and at VolNation.

ESPN has a piece today on the history of the checkerboard endzone. Can you believe it costs $800 to paint those bad boys each week?

Andy Katzer at AOL Fanhouse looks back on a post from the summer that predicted that Fulmer could get Croomed this weekend. While, I agree that's entirely possible, the article also prognosticated that Les Miles' Tigers could fall to the Bulldogs. They didn't.

I think David Cutcliffe is a big reason that the Vols are among the least penalized teams in the country and tops in the SEC. I've thought it's been clear since his return that the offensive has been more disciplined. It appears that the offensive line is getting better and even guys like Josh Briscoe are stepping up and making a contribution.

Suddenly, after one good performance, many are talking about Tennessee running the table. While I agree that on paper the Vols are capable of winning each and every one of their games, I'm going to reserve my enthusiasm until we get through the next couple of weeks. In my mind, the next two games will gauge exactly where this team is and if they are capable of an SECC game run.

0 comments: